There will be three categories which travel destinations have been classified:
- No risk countries or considered not dangerous to travel
- Medium-risk destinations
- High-risk destinations
Under medium risk categories, traveller’s or limited specific group will be allowed to travel, in cases such as emergency situations, with medical reasons or visiting family of first degree, or for military, diplomatic and official missions.
The following travel protocols must be observed by citizens and resident who wish to travel:
- Applications for travel approval through the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship website.
- Download and register with the Tawajudi app.
- Seniors aged above 70 are not allowed to travel.
- All traveller’s must be registered and should have a COVID-19 test 48 hours before departure.
- Medical insurance is mandatory for all traveller’s and consent themselves to health quarantine upon arrival.
- If traveller’s are coming back to the UAE and tested positive while outside the country, the traveller must report it to the respective UAE embassy.
- UAE Residents returning from a trip must either home or hotel quarantine, even if he/she tested negative while bearing the costs.
- A PCR (Polymerise Chain Reaction) test must be performed at an approved medical facility within 48 hours of entering the country.
- All individuals returning from less dangerous countries and professionals in vital sectors must also adhere to home quarantine for 7 – 14 days.
- Citizens and residents must secure a necessary health responsibility form, adhering to quarantine upon return and a pledge not to travel to destinations other than those submitted or mentioned in the form.
Hensley&Cook can guide you on the updated travel protocols and can assist you further for a smooth and pleasant journey. Contact us to get started.